Compulsory E-Invoicing for turnover above Rs. 20 crore w.e.f. from 01.04.2022.
Background of Compulsory E-Invoicing
E-Invoicing is being implemented in a phased manner since October 2020. The history of E-Invoicing is as under: –
|SR. No||Notification No.||Turnover||Effective Date|
|1||61/2020–Central Tax||500 Crore||01/10/2020|
|2||88/2020–Central Tax||100 Crore||01/01/2021|
|3||05/2021–Central Tax||50 Crore||01/04/2021|
|4||01/2021 – Central Tax||20 Crore||01/04/2022|
“In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-rule (4) of rule 48 of the CGST Rules, 2017, the Government, on the recommendations of the Council, hereby makes the following further amendment in the notification of the Government of India in the Ministry of Finance (Department of Revenue), No. 13/2020- Central Tax, dated the 21st March 2020, published in the Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, Section 3, Sub-section (i) vide number G.S.R. 196 (E), dated 21st March 2020, namely:-
In the said notification in the first paragraph, with effect from the 1st day of April 2022, for the words, “fifty crore rupees”, the words “twenty crore rupees” shall be substituted.”
The documents that will be covered under the e-Invoicing system are as follows:
- ⦁ Invoices
- ⦁ Credit Notes
- ⦁ Debit Notes
- ⦁ Export Invoices
- ⦁ Any other document as notified under GST law to be reported as e-invoice by the creator of the document
Exemption form E-Invoices under GST-
A) Entity Level:–
Irrespective of the turnover, e-Invoicing shall not be applicable to the following categories of registered persons for now, as notified in CBIC Notification No.13/2020 – Central Tax:
- ⦁ An insurer or a banking company or a financial institution, including an NBFC
- ⦁ A Goods Transport Agency (GTA)
- ⦁ A registered person supplying passenger transportation services
- ⦁ A registered person supplying services by way of admission to the exhibition of cinematographic films in multiplex services.
- ⦁ Input Service Distributor.
- ⦁ An SEZ unit (excluded via CBIC Notification No. 61/2020–Central Tax)
B) Transaction Level:-
- E-Invoicing is not applicable for import Bills of Entry.
- Business to consumer transactions.
- Non-GST Supplies (Alcoholic Liquor, Petrol and other).
C) Documents Level:–
Following Documents that are not be covered under E-Invoicing Systems are as follows:-
- ⦁ Bill of Supply
- ⦁ Self-Invoice in case of RCM u/s 9(4)
- ⦁ Delivery Challan
- ⦁ Advance Receipts Voucher.
In case you have any queries, contact us from the below form.
Pune, Maharashtra 411019